Turning Off Animations
Perhaps you don't wish to see animations used in Kagi. Kagi respects the "Reduce Motion" accessibility setting in your operating system (OS). The exact name for this can differ by OS.
Here is where to find the settings for each OS:
- In macOS: System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Reduce motion.
- In iOS/iPadOS: Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion.
- In Windows 11: Settings > Accessibility > Visual Effects > Animation Effects
- In Windows 10: Settings > Ease of Access > Display > Show animations in Windows.
- In Windows 7: Control Panel > Ease of Access > Make the computer easier to see > Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible).
- In Android 9+: Settings > Accessibility > Remove animations.
- In GTK/GNOME: GNOME Tweaks > General tab (or Appearance, depending on version) > Animations is turned off.
- In Plasma/KDE: System Settings > Workspace Behavior -> General Behavior > "Animation speed" is set all the way to the right to "Instant".