Kagi offers several subscriptions plans:
- The Trial plan is limited to 100 total searches. This plan is suited for those interested in exploring Kagi and are curious about paid search engines.
- The Standard plan offers 200 searches for USD $5 per month. This plan is suited for users who are new to paid search engines and are looking to own their search experience.
- The Professional plan offers 700 searches USD $10 per month. This plan is suited for internet professionals and developers who are prolific and advanced search users.
- The Ultimate plan offers unlimited searches for USD $25 per month and offers the most flexibility and power to the user.
How searches are counted
- Bangs and search suggestions (while typing) are never counted as searches.
- Reloading the same search within a short time (~2 minutes) does not count as an additional search.
- Each lens and content type (e.g. images, news) is considered a separate search.
Note that searches do not roll over to the next month; the number of available searches resets each month. Months are counted starting from the date of subscription, and are not necessarily aligned with the months of the year.
Legacy Subscribers and Early Adopters
For any existing subscribers and early adopters who are interested in how legacy accounts will be used and maintained please refer to the blog post Updates to Kagi Search pricing.
Pay Per Use Enhancement
The Standard and Professional plans both feature Pay Per Use options within the Billing Settings. Searches beyond the monthly included searches, are priced at 1.5 cents per search. There are two limits that you can set to control your cost:
- The soft limit triggers a notification regarding pay-per-use cost
- The hard limit prevents further searches so you do not incur additional costs.
Why Tiered Pricing
This tiered pricing system is easy to understand and ensures Kagi’s financial sustainability for the future so that we can continue to provide you with the tools to own your search experience as we pursue our mission to humanize the web.